Friday, June 27, 2008

Find the Joy Everyday

I've decided this is my "Summer of Change". Believe me, my life really, really needs it. I've been "stuck" for the past 7 years (I'll elaborate later). I've become so sick of me it is depressing...and I'm sure my family is just as sick of me.

I intend to find the joy in everyday. Step one will be to begin my day with a walk along the beach and time spent in God's Word. I've noticed over the past several years that when I neglect my time with Him and His Word, my life begins to unravel and becomes chaotic. I need peace and that only comes from spending time with Him.

The beach and ocean waves bring a sense of calm and well being. I am always amazed at how many people live here in Southern California and rarely go to the beach. The fast pace here doesn't lend itself to truly enjoying the beauty around us. For the past year I've enjoyed wonderful hikes in the hills and canyons nearby...a constant reminder of our Creator and just how blessed I am to live here.

I don't want to take a single moment for granted. So this summer I truly want to slow things down, forget all the stuff I "have to" and "should do" and just enjoy...really find the joy everyday.

No comments: